12 January 2009

Michigan...Basketball!?

Alright, I'll confess: I'm a believer. Michigan Basketball has now won three more games than they did last season...and I just looked at ESPN's Bracketology and the RPI:

ESPN projects Michigan at a #9 seed in the NCAA Tourney. A 9 seed ! A year ago a 9 seed in the NIT would have been an achievement they were so bad. Interestingly enough, Joe Lunardi has them paired with West Virginia in the South region. That could be an epic tourney game that Michigan could actually win.

The RPI as of their 12th win, since they won #13 yesterday in dominating fashion, is at 33...their strength of schedule has gone down a bit since they played Oakland and Eastern and Savannah State, but the Tourney Committee *cannot* ignore two wins over top 5 schools and if Michigan goes deep into the Big (11) Ten Tournament, a tourney birth is a lock.

Keep the faith my friends...Beilein may have our boys dancing in March for the first time in 10 years.

No comments: